"Red solo cup, you're more than just plastic More than amazing, you're more than fantastic And believe me that I'm not the least bit sarcastic When I look at you and say: "Red solo cup, you're not just a cup You're my friend." Red Solo Cup- Toby Keith
"I know how to hold a grudge I can send a bridge up in smoke And I can't count the people I've let down, the hearts I've broke You ain't gotta dig too deep If you wanna find some dirt on me I'm learning who you've been Ain't who you've got to be" Better Than I Used To Be- Tim McGraw
"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last, gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed Gonna get high man I ain't had enough, need me a triple shot of that stuff Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here, I want one bourbon, one shot and one beer One bourbon, one scotch, one beer"
"There's this whispering of jokers doing flesh by the pound To a chorus of supposes from the little town whores There'll be twisted karaokee at the Aniseed lounge And I'll bring you further roses But it does you no good And it does me no good And it does you no good" Grounds For Divorce- Elbow
"I’m gonna hide my heart behind the peacock’s fan, And keep my friends real close, yeah, this is how it’s gonna go. I’m gonna find my knife and run it through those stitches, Throw my friends down in the ditches before they even know what I’ve come here for." Take The Heartland- Glen Hansard
"Run, run, run away Buy yourself another day A cold wind's whispering secrets in your ear So low only you can hear Run, run, run and hide Somewhere no one else can find Tall trees bend their leaves pointing where to go Where you will still be all alone" Kingdom Come- The Civil Wars
"And it's coming down like stardust, And it's coming down the wire; There's nothing left to really trust In the ash after the fire, oh,
We are the prisoners of circumstance and consequence. We are the generation sacrificed in self-defense. The storm is coming in the aftermath of war -- Now can you tell me what it is we're fighting for? After the Fire- Seanan McGuire
"No home, I don't want shelter, No calm, Nothing to keep me from the storm, And you can't hold me down, 'Cause I belong to the hurricane, It's gonna blow us all away." Hurricane Drunk- Florence and the Machine
"Prepare a list of what you need Before you sign away the deed 'Cause it's not going to stop It's not going to stop It's not going to stop 'Til you wise up" Wise Up- Aimee Mann
"Well if we take all these things and we bury them fast And we'll pray that they turn to seeds, to roots and then grass It'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way Or if the sky opened up and started pouring rain Like you knew he was trying to start things over again It'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way." Daisy- Brand New
"So if you want moral advice I suggest you just tuck it all away 'Cause my mood to burn bridges Parallels my mood to dig ditches Don't cross me on neither a day, baby" Mood To Burn Bridges- Neko Case
"Darkness on the fenceposts And a whistle from a train Water in the corn rows And a window to the rain Count your miles from the lightning Lay your money down Count your blessings against the thunder Take the thorns out of your crown." Miles From the Lightning- Jeffrey Foucault
"Now my reward are peace and quiet Of both I'm never sure Sound of silence scares me senseless even since the war I drink away my memories Too vicious to be told The hollow heart I carry now is no good for my soul." Russian Roulette Jack Sovoretti
"I've been kicked off my land at the age of sixteen, And I have no idea where else my heart could have been, I placed all my trust at the foot of this hill, And now I am sure my heart can never be still, So collect your courage and collect your horse, And pray you never feel this same kind of remorse." Dust Bowl Dance- Mumford and Sons
"I would tell you about the things They put me through. The pain I've been subjected to. But the Lord himself would blush. The countless feasts laid at my feet, Forbidden fruits for me to eat. But I think your pulse would start to rush." Walking In My Shoes- Depeche Mode
"It's four and twenty thunder Four and twenty rain I just keep walking on the rails I just keep grinning at the train." Four and Twenty Blues- Jeffrey Foucault
They throw tickertape on Main St. There’s a hero in every car Singing, "Down with the traitor, Up with the star!"
They line up to take the sacrament When they hear the anthem sung And the Scarecrow and the Tin Man Place a memory on their tongues." Wild Waste and Welter- Jeffrey Foucault
"Farewell to the day Of having it both ways Hell is other people Some people never learn When optimism fails And my cooler head prevails I will meet you at the point of diminishing returns." Diminishing Returns- Harvey Danger
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject